Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Dr's visit.....

We just got back from the retina specialist.... Here is the latest.....
1. There are bone fragments inside of his eye from when the nail went through his skull.
2. He will need surgery real soon because the scar tissue is already forming.
3. He was put on another weeks worth of steroids.
4. His vision went from 20/400 Thursday to 20/40 Today....which is encouraging. (his eyes are normaly 20/15 and 20/13)
5. He cannot see much of anything up close.
6. He has a pretty good blindspot.
7. He is in considerable pain.
8. They are keeping his eye dialated because the opening and closing of the iris will cause inflamation.
9. The debris is settling out in the bottom part of the eyeball.

The long and short of it is.......either he will have close to normal vision.......or his eyesight will fail.
It does not look like there is much of an in-between. Chances are better for the normal vision than for eye failure .
We go back to both Dr's on Friday.

To correct the first post........He had 7 stitches.......5 on the globe itself and 2 on the membrane.
He is not allowed to lift over 5 lbs. Needless to say he is getting quite restless and bored.
Telling him his school books weigh less than 5 lbs did not seem to encourage him too much.
He has tons of pictures (other than eye stuff) to post on the blog....maybe I will let him do that.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and notes!

Jim

11 comments:

BSBT said...

Sounds... mostly good. :)
Glad to hear the news, (good and not so good) but I'm sure you are still in many peoples thoughts and prayers, I know you are still in mine.

(Sorry about the school books part of it, but eye will be looking for some new post! :)

Rhonda said...

Thanks for the update. Is the surgery still scheduled for next Monday as of now?
Posting pictures is always a good idea, Wade. I will watch for them :)

Still praying,
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that information.
Sorry to hear you are in pain.
Still praying for you and would love to see more pics on your blog.

Love,
Harris Family

Unknown said...

We're still praying for you here in Alaska! God has a plan.

Susan Nymeyer

Anna Joy said...

Sounds...better but still scary. We're praying!

btw, BSBT, if that was supposed to be a pun it was TERRIBLE. :D

{ jessica } said...

Thanks for the update! We're still praying...

BSBT said...

I know, I know! I sorry, it just came out! =}

If nothing else Wade can laugh at all the dumb comments I make! :]

Anonymous said...

Wade,
I am Ed and Kara Clark's neighbor in Sherman, IL. They shared your blog with me after they visited you this summer. Like you, I like photography and Ed gives great photography lessons (he's very patient with me)! I just want you to know that I'm praying for you and waiting for the day to see more of your photos! Take care of yourself. God's blessings to you and your family.
Kathy Scheffler

Anonymous said...

Sounds very encouraging. I am confident it will end well and be a great story for Wade to tell his kids to make them squeemish... Now about those automotive projects. I think he needs a session at FORD boot camp. I think his dad has backslid too! RB

Amanda said...

Hey Wade! I am Rhonda's sister Amanda.
I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you.

Bethany Joy said...

Still praying Wade!







btw,bsbt:
You are right on your second comment!Keep studying your joke books!JK. lol!