Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Little Miss Big Hair.

Arielle
Some curls from the Nymeyer side of the genetics.

9 comments:

Krissy Cooper said...

Cute! I've always been slightly jealous of the Nymeyer curls. :)

Rhonda said...

That remind me of my sister's hair when she was little. I never had curls. :)

Anna Joy said...

Cute! She's got a lot to look forward to.....I alone out of all of us kids got the curly Truitt hair and I spend foreeeever straightening it in the morning!

Reed Family said...

Now Anna......
Why is it that ladies with curly hair .....straighten it?
And those with straight hair....curl it?
Hmmmmmm

Mrs. Reed takes foreeeever in the morning doing her hair too :)
She always looks beautiful.

Mr. Reed :)

Rhonda said...

Mr. Reed,
I have always wondered the same thing! Of course, I have to laugh because I have two sisters with VERY curly hair and when they say they are going to "straighten" their hair it is still curlier than mine is when I curl it! It is funny how different hair can be in the same family. There are five girls in my family and no two of us have hair alike.

Anna Joy said...

Hmm, good question! I don't know WHY I do it...guess I just like my hair better straight! And I HAVE to straighten it every morning, cause livin' out here in Bear Lake you just never know who might drop by?? :-D Actually the Millens come by quite often, but it's okay, I don't have to fix my hair for them....I've known them since I was so little I practically didn't have any hair to fix!

Rhonda: Yes, my sis has stick straight hair....wish there was some way for us to trade!

Anna Joy said...

I would like to ask a question, if I may, about your sidebar, where it says "Other larger than 'normal' families."

Exactly what is a "normal" sized family? To me, our six is a normal family. To my friend who is an only child, we look like a really big family, so, to my close friends from a family of twelve, we are a small family. Everybody defines "normal" in their own way and from their own experience....there is no "normal" that fits neatly into one mold for all humanity. I consider myself normal, but someone else may consider me totally weird!

Also, are famiies with less children "abnormal"?

When, Lord willing, I am married, I hope to have a large family, but not larger than "normal" because to me it will be normal!

Mr. Yoder...I don't know if you know them? there's a post way back on Fairlamb's blog and also mine when their oldest daughter died.... came from a family of...I don't remember for sure, I think seventeen or more. So to him, growing up in that particular enviroment, a family with ten, twelve, however many kids would be a smaller than "normal" family.

Okay, I'm now off my soapbox! Sorry that was so long, but one thing that really bothers me is people telling me how they are from a "larger than normal family", because bigger is not always better, and my normal is in all likelyhood not your normal!

Reed Family said...

Anna,

Normal is: conforming, adhering to, or constituting a usual or typical pattern, level or type.

Total Fertiliy Rate (TFR). The TFR for Americans was 2.09 in 2006.

Soooo...if you have 1 child....or 3or more you are not normal...by definition. ;)

Anna Joy said...

Well, I guess we're not normal then! I would have thought it was a lot higher than that...guess cause everyone I know has quite a few kids! :)