Thursday, March 26, 2009

First in the lake.......Dad was always first in the lake....back in the day....:)

Are you sure you want to do this James?


OhhhhhWeeeeee


The Ice pulled just offshore.


James: "Are you sure you are ready Wade?"
Wade: " Just a minute while I change lenses.........just kidding!"



James had the shower running..... so it would be nice and hot when he got out...

Make sure you click the picture to make it bigger.....look at the expression on James' face :O

8 comments:

Anna Joy said...

Very brave! I think the earliest I've been in Bear Lake was April...May for Lake Michigan.
I'm getting old though...I don't particularly care for freezing unless it's absolutely necessary anymore.
(Beating my nephew in still counts as necessary though..Maybe I'm not as old as I think!)

Anonymous said...

I take it that "first in the lake" only counts if you go under!!??
CH

Taryn said...

James.......My stupid little(yes i know your older then me) cousin, what am I going to do with you?? But you got guts kid....you got guts....

~Tinker Stinker :)♥

Anonymous said...

More brawn than brains, more money than taste, and more Reed than is healthy. ;-) ;-)

Reed Family said...

If you got Reed...that is all you need!

Reed Family said...

Chrissie,
You are correct.....a couple of years ago.....there was a sprint race between two to get to the crack in the ice.....both hit the water at the same time....one didn't go under all of the way......a major default.
None of this "stick your big toe in ...and call it swimming" :)

Heather NZ said...

I cannot believe you guys do that!!!
Heather H.

Rachel Ballenger said...

You guys are crazy, and yet, I'd be the first to watch if I was there!!!! Can't believe Jim thinks he's too old to be "first in the lake" any more. Is the main prize for being "first in....." BRAGGING RIGHTS"?????....or is there something more?
rb